The well-known American multinational computer technology corporation, Microsoft has officially announced that they will debut a new 60GB version of XBOX 360 gaming console in US and Canada for $349 starting this August, and dropping the price of 20GB Xbox 360 Pro to just $299 while supplies last.
“We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we’re giving it to them at no extra charge,” said Albert Penello, Xbox director of product management at Microsoft. “No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that XBOX 360 can deliver, and now you’ll have three times the storage to manage all that great content.”
The Xbox 360 can provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:
- Xbox 360 console – The console is equipped with a cool white finish and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) output.
- 60GB Hard Drive – The 60GB detachable hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download center for entertainment.
- Upscaling DVD Player – With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favorite DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of XBOX 360.
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller – This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the XBOX Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
- Xbox 360 Headset – The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
- XBOX LIVE Silver Membership – For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, and purchase or rent HD movies and TV shows, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
- One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold – An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.
According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 Arcade (comes with a 256MB memory unit and five XBOX LIVE Arcade games) and premium 120GB Xbox 360 Elite are available for $279 and $449, respectively.