Twitter would have to be the fastest growing site on the web today.As we know, by default all of your Tweets appear on the public timeline. This means that they are visible to everyone.
If you want to keep your Tweeter updates private so that only those that you select can view them, then you need to protect your tweets as well as messages.
Follow the simple steps to protect your Tweets-
- Step 1 : Go to Twitter and log in to your account.
- Step 2 :On the top right you should see menu, Then click on Settings
- Step 3: Scroll down a bit on the default “Accounts” tab
- Step 4: Now If you want to protect your updates, simply check this box
- Then click on “Save”. Done!
Now, when people go to your Twitter Account page to follow you, they will see the privacy message like this :
When they click on “Send request” and you, as the account owner, can choose to accept them, granting them permission to see and search your twitterstream, or reject it.